Family Therapy; Concepts and Methods / Edition 4by Michael P. Nichols, Richard C. Schwartz, Richard C. Schwartz
Pub. Date: 08/01/1997
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
With the rise of managed care's influence and the ever-growing importance of research, family therapists need in-depth coverage of both theories and clinical techniques. Some states use this book as a required book to use in preparation of the licensing exam. Written by well-known authors who speak continuously at state and antional meetings all over the country, previous editions of this book have been considered the standard reference work, and this new edition is no exception. With contributions from leading family therapists this new edition includes up-to-date coverage of current approaches to family therapy. Topics include: the foundations and evolution of family therapy; fundamental concepts; classic schools of family therapy; current developments, and more. An ideal reference for new and practicing therpaists, social workers, and psychologists. A must have for all family therapists.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.24(w) x 9.58(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
Foreword by Salvador Minuchin, MD.
I. THE CONTEXT OF FAMILY THERAPY.
1. The Foundations of Family Therapy.
2. The Evolution of Family Therapy.
3. Early Models and Basic Techniques: Group Process and Communications Analysis.
4. The Fundamental Concepts of Family Therapy.
II. THE CLASSIC SCHOOLS OF FAMILY THERAPY.
5. Bowen Family Systems Therapy.
6. Experiential Family Therapy.
7. Psychoanalytic Family Therapy.
8. Structural Family Therapy.
9. Cognitive-Behavioral Family Therapy.
III. CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN FAMILY THERAPY.
10. Family Therapy Enters the Twenty-First Century.
11. From Strategic to Solution-Focused: The Evolution of Brief Therapy.
12. Narrative Therapy.
13. Integrative Models.
IV. EVALUATION OF FAMILY THERAPY.
14. Comparative Analysis.
15. Research in Family Therapy by Myrna Friedlander, Ph.D.
Appendix A: Recommended Readings.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: Careers and Training in Family Therapy.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >