- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is an outstanding collection of essays which brings together for the first time the work of a group of writers well-known in the ...
Ships from: Waterfoot, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This is an outstanding collection of essays which brings together for the first time the work of a group of writers well-known in the Marxist-feminist tradition. The essays range from Marx to Foucault and go beyond them to offer genuine advances in the way social and political life can be reconceptualized in the light of feminist critique.
2. Feminism and Marx: Integrating Kinship with the Economic: Linda Nicholson.
3. What's Critical about Critical Theory? - The Case of Habermas and Gender: Nancy Fraser.
4. Impartiality and the Civic Public: Some Implications of Feminist Critiques of Moral and Political Theory: Iris Marion Young.
5. The Generalized and the Concrete Other: The Kohlberg-Gilligan Controversy and Feminist Theory: Seyla Benhabib.
6. Women, Success, and Civil Society: Submission to, or Subversion of, the Achievement Principle: Maria Markus.
7. Disciplining Women: Michel Foucault and the Power of Feminist Discourse: Isaac D. Balbus.
8. Variations on Sex and Gender: Beauvoir, Witting, and Foucault: Judith Butler.
9. Feminism, Negativity, Intersubjectivity: Drucilla Cornell and Adam Thurschwell.
Notes on Contributors.