- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Geneva, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
'A useful and accessible contribution to current debates about the connections between gender, technology and society.' New Technology, Work and Employment
'This book will be of considerable interest to anyone working in scientific and technical institutions facing difficulties, whether crises in funding or in communication between science and government, science and industry, science and the public.' The New Scientist
'A most welcome work that addresses precisely this issue of how gender can be registered as significant in the making of technologies... It is a text that will, hopefully, be widely read by undergraduate students.' Social Studies of Science
'Feminism Confronts Technology brings together an impressive array of feminist work on technology.' Arena Magazine
'Wajcman's book fills an important gap in the 'gender and technology' literature.' Feminist Review
1. Feminist Critiques of Science and Technology.
2. The Technology of Production: Making a Job of Gender.
3. Reproductive Technology: Delivered into Men's Hands.
4. Domestic Technology: Labour-saving or Enslaving?.
5. The Built Environment: Women's Place, Gendered Space.
6. Technology as Masculine Culture.