Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery / Edition 3by Katherine Quesenberry
Pub. Date: 12/12/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A concise guide to the care of small mammals, Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery covers the conditions seen most often in veterinary practice. The book emphasizes preventive medicine along with topics including disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 400 illustrations demonstrate key concepts/b>
A concise guide to the care of small mammals, Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery covers the conditions seen most often in veterinary practice. The book emphasizes preventive medicine along with topics including disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 400 illustrations demonstrate key concepts related to radiographic interpretation, relevant anatomy, and diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques. Now in full color, this edition adds coverage of more surgical procedures and expands coverage of zoonotic disease. From editors Katherine Quesenberry and James W. Carpenter, along with a team of expert contributors, the "Pink Book" provides an authoritative, single source of information that is hard to find elsewhere.
- A logical organization makes it quick and easy to find important information, with each section devoted to a single animal and chapters within each section organized by body system.
- Over 400photographs and illustrations highlight key concepts such as radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
- A chapter on ophthalmology provides hard-to-find information on eye care for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
- Coverage of preventive medicine includes basic biology, husbandry, and routine care of the healthy animal.
- The drug formulary supplies dosage instructions for ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats/mice, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders.
- Chapter outlines offer at-a-glance overviews of the contents of each chapter.
- Handy tables and charts make it easy to find key information.
- Expanded Zoonotic Diseases chapter adds more depth along with the latest information on the rising potential for disease transmission to humans as exotic pets become more popular.
- Additional surgical procedures for each species are included, some with step-by-step instructions accompanied by color photographs and line drawings.
- Full-color images show the sometimes minute structures of these small animals and make accurate diagnoses easier, especially for lymphoproliferative diseases of rabbits, endoscopy, cytology, and hematology.
Printed text plus fully searchable electronic access.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Section One: Ferrets 1. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry 2. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care 3. Gastrointestinal Diseases 4. Disorders of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems 5. Cardiovascular and Other Diseases 6. Respiratory Diseases 7. Endocrine Diseases 8. Neoplasia 9. Dermatologic Diseases 10. Muscoloskeletal and Neurologic Diseases 11. Soft Tissue Surgery Section Two: Rabbits 12. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry 13. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care 14. Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Physiology 15. Gastrointestinal Diseases 16. Respiratory Disease and Pasteurellosis 17. Disorders of the Reproductive and Urinary Systems 18. Dermatologic Diseases 19. Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Diseases 20. Cardiovascular and Lymphoproliferative Diseases 21. Soft Tissue Surgery Section Three: Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas 22. Biology, Husbandry, and Clinical Techniques of Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas 23. Diseases of Guinea Pigs 24. Diseases of Chinchillas 25. Soft Tissue Surgery Section Four: Small Rodents 26. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Clinical Techniques of Small Rodents 27. Diseases of Small Rodents 28. Soft Tissue Surgery Section Five: Other Small Mammals 29. Sugar Gliders 30. African Hedgehogs Section Six: General Topics 31. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Sedation of Small Mammals 32. Small Mammal Dentistry 33. Orthopedics in Small Mammals 34. Small Mammal Diagnostic and Surgical Endoscopy 35. Diagnostic Imaging 36. Cytology and Hematology of Small Mammals 37. Ophthalmologic Diseases in Small Pet Mammals 38. Emergency and Critical Care of Small Mammals 39. Behavior of Small Mammals 40. Zoonotic Diseases Section Seven: Drug Formulary
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >