Festival and Special Event Management / Edition 4by Johnny Allen, William O'Toole, Robert Harris, Ian McDonnell
Festival & Special Event Management Fourth edition continues the comprehensive overview of he theory and procedures associated with festivals and special events established in previous editions. the new edition of this market-leading text introduces new developments and professional 'tools', and considers the globalization and subsequent internationalisation/b>… See more details below
Festival & Special Event Management Fourth edition continues the comprehensive overview of he theory and procedures associated with festivals and special events established in previous editions. the new edition of this market-leading text introduces new developments and professional 'tools', and considers the globalization and subsequent internationalisation of event management.
The role of marketing and communication, environmental planning, the increasing role of governments through the creation of event strategies, and the different perspectives of event management are all discussed. The edition offers students a current, relevant textbook for their study and professional reference.
- End-of-Chapter case studies profile staged events to illustrate various concepts as presented n the text.
- Industry professionals present real-world examples.
- 'Event Profile' vignettes feature the diversity of events, the individuals who work within the industry and the process of formulating and organising an event.
New to This Edition:
- A chapter on environmental planning and events
- A chapter on the perspective various groups have of events
- Expanded content on the marketing of events
- Expanded content on the law and events
- Additional content on risk and occupational health and safety management
The experienced authors have taught event management throughout Australia and in locations as diverse as Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Edinburgh, Auckland and Cape Town.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 9.60(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||What are special events?||3|
|Ch. 2||The impacts of special events||30|
|Ch. 3||Event tourism planning||52|
|Ch. 4||Conceptualising the event||85|
|Ch. 5||The planning function||114|
|Ch. 6||Human resource management and events||143|
|Ch. 7||Strategic marketing of events||181|
|Ch. 8||Sponsorship of events||233|
|Ch. 9||Project management for events||277|
|Ch. 10||Control and budgets||315|
|Ch. 11||Risk management and legal issues||345|
|Ch. 13||Staging events||416|
|Ch. 14||Evaluation and research||448|
|Ch. 15||Issues and trends||479|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >