This 1984 book makes the general theory of field extensions accessible to any reader with a modest background in groups, rings and vector spaces.
- Cambridge University Press
- Publication date:
- Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications Series, #22
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.71(d)
Table of ContentsEditor's statement; Section editor's foreword; Preface; Historical introduction; Prerequisites; Notation;
1. Preliminaries on fields and polynomials;
2. Algebraic extensions;
3. Galois theory;
4. Transcendental Extensions; References and selected bibliography; Index.
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >