Field-Programmable Gate Arrays: Reconfigurable Logic for Rapid Prototyping and Implementation of Digital Systems / Edition 1by John V. Oldfield, Richard C. Dorf
Pub. Date: 01/23/1995
Timely, authoritative, application-oriented. an in-depth exploration of current and future uses of FPGAs in digital systems The development of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) may well be the most important breakthrough for the microelectronics industry since the invention of the microprocessor. Using FPGAs, a system designer working on a PC can now develop a… See more details below
Timely, authoritative, application-oriented. an in-depth exploration of current and future uses of FPGAs in digital systems The development of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) may well be the most important breakthrough for the microelectronics industry since the invention of the microprocessor. Using FPGAs, a system designer working on a PC can now develop a working prototype in a few hours and change it at will in just a few minutes, rather than waiting weeks or months for a printed-circuit assembly or a custom integrated circuit to be built. This newfound ability to change a system by simply altering its configuration memory is also leading to exciting new forms of computing, such as array applications that exploit parallelism. Now in a book that functions equally well as a working professional reference and a pedagogically consistent computer engineering text, John V. Oldfield and Richard C. Dorf:
* Provide a detailed overview of FPGAs in digital systems design
* Explain the underlying principles, strengths, and limitations of most FPGA architectures
* Supply many real-life case studies, from elementary to advanced applicationsincluding examples of "custom computing machines"
* Review cutting-edge developments, including new architectures and a new field-programmable interconnect chip
* Discuss key economic and business aspects of FPGA manufacture and applications and their role in intellectual property protection
* Demonstrate ways in which FPGAs offer plausible solutions to some of the major computing problems of our day
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.38(w) x 9.43(h) x 0.89(d)
Table of Contents
System Implementation Strategies.
Review of Logic Design and Electrical Aspects.
Introduction to FPGA Architecture.
Design Process Flows and Software Tools.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >