- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Track information crucial to your business with the new FileMaker Pro 8 database software and the latest edition of this comprehensive guide. From capturing customer data, automating employee records, or linking databases, to tracking your own investments or home inventory, find out how to set up the FileMaker Pro database you need to classify important information and improve productivity. This valuable reference provides clear step-by-step explanations and examples for beginners as well as experienced database users, for both Windows and Macintosh.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of FileMaker Pro 8
* Get the "Big Picture" on FileMaker Pro for business and home
* Understand basic operations for both Windows(r) and Macintosh(r) platforms
* Define fields, set up scripts, and create new databases
* Master standard forms, columnar lists, and other layouts
* Create, enter, edit, and sort records
* Generate summary statistics across records
* Learn how to use ScriptMaker to automate FileMaker
* Exchange data between programs such as Microsoft(r) Excel(r)
* Publish or share data on the Web or company intranet
* Import and export XML
Bonus CD-ROM includes
* Trial version of FileMaker Pro 8 for Windows and Mac
* Plug-in tools
Part I. The Fundamentals.
Chapter 1. What is a Database.
Chapter 2. FileMaker Pro Basic Operations.
Chapter 3. What's New in FileMaker Pro8?
Part II. Database Design Basics.
Chapter 4. Creating Your First Database.
Chapter 5. Defining Fields.
Chapter 6. Layouts.
Chapter 7. Setting Preferences.
Part III. Working with Databases.
Chapter 8. Working with Records.
Chapter 9. Searching for and Selecting Records.
Chapter 10. Sorting Records.
Chapter 11. Reports.
Chapter 12. Using the Spelling Checker.
Chapter 13. Printing.
Part IV. Putting FileMaker Pro to Work.
Chapter 14. Calculations and Computations.
Chapter 15. Automating FileMaker Pro.
Chapter 16. Exchanging Data.
Chapter 17. Creating and Using Templates.
Part V. Mastering FileMaker Pro.
Chapter 18. Linking Tables: Relationships and Lookups.
Chapter 19. Using FileMaker Pro in Workgroups.
Chapter 20. Web Publishing with FileMaker Pro.
Chapter 21. Advanced database Connectivity with XML andODBC/JDBC.
Chapter 22. Expanding FileMaker's Capabilities UsingPlug-Ins.
Part VI. Developing Databases for Others to Use.
Chapter 23. Designing Databases for Others.
Chapter 24. Debugging Scripts.
Chapter 25. Generating Database Reports.
Chapter 26. Creating Custom Database Solutions.
Part VII. Appendixes.
Appendix A: Macintosh Keyboard Shortcuts.
Appendix B: Windows Keyboard Shortcuts.
Appendix C: FileMaker Pro Function Reference.
Appendix D: Glossary.
Appendix E: Resources.
Appendix F: About the CD.
Posted August 6, 2010
No text was provided for this review.