Financial Accounting / Edition 10by Belverd E. Needles, Marian Powers
Pub. Date: 01/01/2010
Publisher: Cengage South-Western
Building on the flexible, balanced approach that made this text a market leader, Financial Accounting, 7th Edition is designed to ensure student success, provide a strong real-world emphasis, integrate performance measurement, and emphasize technology. The system of learning by objectives enhances the role of the textbook by achieving complete and thorough/i>… See more details below
Building on the flexible, balanced approach that made this text a market leader, Financial Accounting, 7th Edition is designed to ensure student success, provide a strong real-world emphasis, integrate performance measurement, and emphasize technology. The system of learning by objectives enhances the role of the textbook by achieving complete and thorough communication between instructor and student. Ideal for the first semester of a two-semester sequence of financial and managerial accounting, the text is the most accurate on the market, with accuracy reviewers reading every line and working through every exercise, problem, and case in the text and supplements.
Comprehensive and flexible exercises, problems, and cases at the end of every chapter allow students to build a knowledge foundation, apply the material covered in the chapter, and develop critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills. By placing the more procedural learning objectives at the end of every chapter and listing them as supplemental objectives, instructors can choose how much procedural detail to assign in their course.
- Chapter 1 is annotated to introduce students to the pedagogy used throughout the text. Student annotations are introduced in the first chapter and appear throughout to help students explore and reinforce concepts.
- There will be two new video cases in this edition, for a total of five. All will include real company logos and will be accompanied by an icon indicating to reference the company's web site.
- The Ready Notes supplement provides PowerPoint slides in a printed format.
- Blackboard and WebCT online learning technologies are available.
- Cengage South-Western
- Publication date:
Table of Contents
1. Uses of Accounting Information and the Financial Statements. 2. Analyzing Business Transactions. 3. Measuring Business Income. 4. Financial Reporting and Analysis. 5. The Operating Cycle and Merchandising Operations. 6. Inventories. 7. Cash and Receivables. 8. Current Liabilities and the Time Value of Money. 9. Long-Term Assets. 10. Long-Term Liabilities. 11. Contributed Capital. 12. The Corporate Income Statement and the Statement of Stockholders' Equity. 13. The Statement of Cash Flows. 14. Financial Performance Measurement. 15. Investments. Appendix A: Accounting for Unincorporated Businesses. Appendix B: Future Value and Present Value Tables.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >