Karen Berman and Joe Knight founded the Business Literacy Institute. They train managers at some of America's biggest and best-known companies. John Case has written or collaborated on several successful books. He has also written for Inc., Harvard Business Review, and other business publications.
Financial Intelligence for HR Professionals: What You Really Need to Know About the Numbersby Karen Berman, Joe Knight
Using the groundbreaking formula they introduced in their book Financial Intelligence: A Manager's
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
As an HR manager, you're expected to use financial data to make decisions, allocate resources, and budget expenses. But if you're like many human resource practitioners, you may feel uncertain or uncomfortable incorporating financials into your day-to-day work.
Using the groundbreaking formula they introduced in their book Financial Intelligence: A Manager's Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean, Karen Berman and Joe Knight present the essentials of finance specifically for HR experts.
Drawing on their work training tens of thousands of managers and employees at leading organizations worldwide, the authors provide a deep understanding of the basics of financial management and measurement, along with hands-on activities to practice what you are reading. You'll discover:
· Why the assumptions behind financial data matter
· What your company's income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement really reveal
· Which financials may be needed when you're developing a human capital strategy
· How to calculate return on investment
· Ways to use financial information to better support your business units and do your own job
· How to instill financial intelligence throughout your team
Authoritative and accessible, Financial Intelligence for HR Professionals, empowers you to "talk numbers" confidently with your boss, colleagues, and direct reports -- and understand how the financials impact your part of the business.
- Harvard Business Review Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >