Financial Management for Public, Health, and Not-for Profit Organizations / Edition 1by Steven A. Finkler
Pub. Date: 11/09/2000
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This is one of the only books available that addresses financial and managerial accounting within the framework of the three major areas of the public sector. Clear and comprehensive, Finkler's unique and accessible text provides the fundamentals of financial management for those who lack a financial background so that readers can access and apply financial information more effectively. Details the many aspects of strategic and budgetary planning. Outlines the processes involved in implementing and controlling results. Features aspects of accounting unique for Health Care, not-for-profit organizations and state and local governments. Explains balance sheets, operating and cash flow statements. Provides basic foundation for financial analysis. For managers and policy-makers in public service organizations who want to make more efficient use of their organization's financial information.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.94(w) x 10.16(h) x 1.05(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION: SETTING THE STAGE.
3. Additional Budgeting Concepts.
4. Understanding Costs.
5. Capital Budgeting and Long-Term Financing.
III. IMPLEMENTATION AND CONTROLLING RESULTS.
7. Accountability and Control.
IV. REPORTING RESULTS.
9. Reporting the Results of Operations: The Activity and Cash Flow Statements.
10. Unique Aspects of Accounting for Health Care and Not-for-Profit Organizations.
11. Unique Aspects of Accounting for State and Local Governments.
V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS.
13. Financial Condition Analysis.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >