Find Your Purpose Change Your Life: Getting to the Heart of Your Life's Missionby Carol Adrienne
For all those who have been enchanted by the power of synchronicity and are ready to be taken further down the path, Find Your Purpose, Change Your Life offers the next step. Here, Carol Adrienne, coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Celestine Prophecy: An Experimental Guide, provides a practical workbook that shows you how to tap/b>/b>/b>
For all those who have been enchanted by the power of synchronicity and are ready to be taken further down the path, Find Your Purpose, Change Your Life offers the next step. Here, Carol Adrienne, coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Celestine Prophecy: An Experimental Guide, provides a practical workbook that shows you how to tap the unsuspected potential of synchronicty the force revealed in everyday coincidences and use the power of your own intuition. Using dozens of examples from her own life and work, and offering an array of write-in exercises, Carol Adrienne reveals how you can use synchronicity to find your purpose in life and achieve the rewards that come from living in harmony with the souls'code.
- HarperCollins Publishers
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.31(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.61(d)
Read an Excerpt
Masked by the snowflakes,
The colour of your petals
May well be hidden:
Yet still put forth your scent
That people may know your flower.
-- Ono Takamura
Each of us dreams of reaching a point at which we finally "have it all together." Often we assume that today "doesn't really count." It's just another day. But this day is an entire and beautiful gift, full of physical sensations, a range of emotional responses, and information about who we are and why we are here -- if we choose to become conscious of what this day brings. Each day has its own purpose and fits into the great plan of our life. This very moment carries traces of our life purpose in places where we focus our attention, in words or ideas that bring a tingle of excitement and hope in our heart.
Your life purpose was chosen before birth. This inborn organizing force silently attracts people and information directly related to what you need to know in order to make immediate choices. Someone may recommend a book, a teacher, a job opportunity, or a blind date. You may take a wrong turn and wind up at the right place. This workbook is designed to help you awaken to the natural guidance of your intuition and to stay in the flow of effortless synchronicity. Let's start by getting into the feel of what you want.
What are you looking for?
Close your eyes and remember a time when you felt fully alive and so engrossed in something that you lost track of the time. Try to reexperience this scene of success and self-confidence. How did you feel? How would you describe yourfeelings at the peak of being yourself, on your path, on purpose?
Others describe their feelings of being on purpose as follows:
These states of being are all proof that you have already been able to connect to something you value, something that is part of your purpose. If you can truthfully say that you have never had any of these feelings, perhaps you can close your eyes and bring those desired states fully into your being by playfully pretending to feel the joy of being on track. When you experience any of these feeling states, you are on track and on purpose.
To help you describe and define this deep inner yearning to find your place in the world, to live your purpose, take a moment to answer the following questions as best you can. Don't struggle or strain to come up with any fancy words. Just write out what is in your heart at this moment.
- What is so important to you that you bought this book to work on finding your life purpose?
- What are you looking for?
- What do you want?
- What would make you happy?
- What stops you from having it?
- How do you want to feel?
- What have you been passionate about in the past?
- If you could have anything you want, what would that be?
- What aspects of your life or career are you truly committed to?
- What would make a difference in the quality of your life?
- If you had the thing that would make a difference in the quality of your life, what would that give you?
- What would you like to change in the world?
- What would it take for you to be living in total integrity?
Transfer your answers to questions 1, 2, 4, 6, 11, and 13 to the profile sheet, pages 223-224.
Points to Remember When Getting Started
Stay open and express gratitude for what you already have.
- Today is a new day. No matter what has gone before, today is a completely new gift from God for you to enjoy.
- Anything might happen today. Anything is possible.
- You are always at the beginning.
- You always have options.
If you don't know where to start
- Start anywhere. Start wherever you are. Take small steps in the direction you want to go. When you procrastinate, especially when you know what the next step should be, you drain your energy. Starting anywhere means you can begin to be on purpose by cleaning out your garage, taking your child to the park, or inviting friends over to brainstorm a community project. When you put your heart and mind together to do the best you can in any situation, you are working from a sense of purpose, which will lead you to being more fully expressed.
- Take one small step. Then take another.
- Watch to see what happens next. Do you get a go or a no from life? Do any coincidences suggest new options?
- What does your intuition or gut suggest?
- Remember that there is a reason for everything.
- Stay in the moment. The present moment contains clues, messages, and opportunities.
- Ask yourself: What is my conscious excuse or reason for stalling? What do I gain from stalling? What is the fear underneath the excuse or reason?
Tip Cards: On individual index cards, write the tips that give you the most energy.Find Your Purpose, Change Your Life. Copyright � by Carol Adrienne. Reprinted by permission of HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved. Available now wherever books are sold.
Meet the Author
Carol Adrienne is the author of The Purpose of Your Life and The Numerology Kit. She is the coauthor, with James Redfield, of The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide and The Tenth Insight, An intuitive councelor, workshop leader, and lecturer since 1976, she is a popular guest expert on radio and television, including Oprah and The Dini Petty Show
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews