- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
List of Tables, Figures, and Exhibits.
1. Greater Expectations, Higher Demands (Coauthor: Morgaen L.Donaldson).
2. The Next Generation of Teachers (Coauthor: Heather G.Peske).
3. What Teaching Pays, What Teaching Costs (Coauthor: EdwardLiu).
4. Seeking Success with Students (Coauthor: Sarah E.Birkeland).
5. Schools That Support New Teachers.
6. Filling the Curriculum Void (Coauthor: David Kauffman).
7. Professional Culture and the Promise of Colleagues (Coauthor:Susan M. Kardos).
8. Making Better Matches in Hiring (Coauthor: Edward Liu).
9. Supporting New Teachers Through School-Based Induction(Coauthor: Susan M. Kardos).
10. Sustaining New Teachers Through Professional Growth(Coauthor: Morgaen L. Donaldson).
11. Finders and Keepers.
Appendix A: Background and Methods.
Appendix B: Interview Protocols.
Posted November 3, 2005
Susan Johnson does a good job of providing information that is important for new teachers as well as for current teachers to know. Three main ideas or issues that she goes over in this book in which I believe are essential for all teachers are the following: what schools expect of their teachers, how much an average teacher gets paid, and also how schools themselves can keep ahold of good teachers and not lose them to other schools or even to an entirely different profession. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone specifically those who are thinking of becoming teachers, those who are already teachers and any one involved in a school.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.