First Aid for Colleges and Universities / Edition 8by Keith J. Karren, Mistovich, Daniel Limmer, Brent Q. Hafen
Pub. Date: 07/03/2003
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company
Along with updates to its comprehensive coverage, First Aid for Colleges and Universities, Eighth Edition now provides readers with even more self-assessment to help them succeed. End-of-chapter quiz questions encourage readers to think critically and a new skills sheets appendix provides more testing at the end of the book. The Eighth Edition has also been thoroughly updated to include the latest CPR guidelines, and approximately 100 updated photos have been added to the bookUs extensive art program. A new, clearer design makes the text easy to use. This book prepares readers for various first aid certifications, including Red Cross and American Heart Association. KEY TOPICS Updated CPR coverage includes new guidelines for the number and speed of ventilations, and the procedures for obstructed airways and infant/child ventilations.For college instructors, students, or anyone interested in first aid.
- Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.56(w) x 10.94(h) x 0.78(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to First Aid Care.
2. Anatomy and Physiology of Body Systems.
3. Victim Assessment.
4. Basic Life Support: Artificial Ventilation.
5. Basic Life Support: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
6. Bleeding and Shock.
7. Soft-Tissue Injuries.
8. Injuries to the Face, Eye, and Throat.
9. Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen, and Genitalia.
11. Musculoskeletal Injuries.
12. Common Sport and Recreational Injuries.
13. Head and Spine Injuries.
14. Poisoning Emergencies.
15. Drug and Alcohol Emergencies.
16. Cardiovascular and Stroke Emergencies.
17. Respiratory Emergencies.
18. Diabetic Emergencies.
19. Acute Abdominal Distress and Related Emergencies.
20. Epilepsy, Dizziness, and Fainting.
21. Childbirth and Related Emergencies.
22. Pediatric and Geriatric Emergencies.
23. Bites and Stings.
24. Burn Emergencies.
25. Heat and Cold Emergencies.
26. Water Emergencies.
27. Wilderness Emergencies.
28. Psychological Emergencies and Disasters.
29. Lifting and Moving Victims.
30. Vehicle Stabilization and Victim Extrication.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >