Apply the proven First Aid formula for exam success!
"This review is intended for residents and pediatric practitioners, but it also would be useful for medical students on pediatrics rotations. The book covers all topics in pediatrics. Genetics, nephrology, and neonatology are covered well, as is gastroenterology. It uses charts and tables for high-yield and intense studying. 3 Stars."--Doody's Review Service
This is the new edition of the physician-to-physician, step-by-step guide to passing the pediatrics board exam. Written by veteran First Aid editor Tao Le and a team of former residents from Johns Hopkins University who recently took the exam, this book covers what to expect on the exam, how to register and succeed, and must-know high-yield facts. Features new to this edition include a full-color photo insert and mini-cases that frame clinical discussions for better retention. The summary of high-yield facts make it the ideal last minute review book.
- Easy-to-remember summaries of the most frequently tested topics
- Hundreds of high-yield algorithms, clinical images, tables, and illustrations
- Margin notes reinforce must-know information
- Mnemonics and clinical pearls make learning and memorization fast, fun, and easy
- Mini-cases highlight commonly tested patient presentations and scenarios
- 12 pages of full-color images
- Resident-tested tips on how to register, prepare for, and ace the exam
- Completely revised based on reader feedback -- so you know you are studying the most up-to-date and relevant material possible
- A true "insider's guide" for in-service, boards, and recertification!
Complete coverage of all the must know topics:
Introduction to the Pediatric Boards, Adolescent/Gynecology/Genital, Allergy/Immunology/Rheumatology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency/Critical Care, Endocrinology, GI/Nutrition; Growth, Development, and Behavior; Hematology/Oncology, Human Genetics and Development, Infectious Diseases, Muskuloskeletal, Neonatology, Neurology, Preventive Pediatrics and Ethics, Pulmonology, Renal/Urinary Tract