- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Designed for people who have little or no background in first aid and CPR, this book provides coverage of every essential element required by OSHA's current guidelines. Grant Goold offers clear and concise information on how to properly provide basic first aid on a limited number of injuries and illnesses until professional help arrives. Universal first aid symbols trigger instant recall of skills and allow readers to focus on only the most important skills necessary. Real-life response scenarios offer readers the opportunity to check their recall of chapter material and prepare emergency action plans. The emergency action plan helps readers develop a pre-plan on how to react in similar situations. Includes new information on infants and children. Contains over 100 full color photos and illustrations. Anyone who needs to learn basic first aid skills.
Introduction: Roles and Responsibilities of First Aid Responders.
PART 1: UNIVERSAL SYMBOLS TRAINING.
1. Scene Safety.
2. Body Substance Isolation.
3. Activation of the Emergency Medical Services System.
4. Initial Assessment.
5. Ongoing Assessment.
6. Airway Management: Basic Life Support and Artificial Ventilations.
7. Circulation and CPR.
9. Soft-Tissue Injuries and Bleeding .
10. Muscle and Bone Injuries.
11. Spinal Precautions.
12. Oxygen Application.
Part 2: ILLNESS AND INJURY TREATMENT.
13. Eye Injuries.
14. Heat-Related Emergencies.
15. Cold-Related Emergencies.
17. Breathing Emergencies.
18. Cardiac Emergencies: Chest Pain and Heart Attacks.
19. Chest and Head Injuries.
20. Abdominal Emergencies.
22. Diabetic Emergencies.
23. Poisoning and Overdose.
24. Seizures, Convulsions, and Altered Mental Status.
25. Allergic Reactions.