First Grade Kids Word Play is a set of 250+ exercises using 250+ words to teach kids phonics, spelling and reading. Images and spoken words help advance kids' learning. The exercise types are -
* Find - Kids look for words for the pictures shown in a word grid. They can hear the word sound and see the spelling by tapping on any image, but, they have to memorize the letters in the word to find it.
* Memory - Kids match first and second grade level sight words in a memory game by tapping on cards.
* Phonics - Kids learn the sounds made by vowel-combinations and complex consonant-combinations within the context of a word.
* Spelling - Kids practice spelling 4, 5, and 6 letter words.
Kids learn to read as they play. First Grade Kids Word Play is the second game in the series of reading games from Infinut. The precursor to First Grade Kids Word Play is Kindergarten Kids Word Play. Kindergarten Kids Word Play contains simpler words and exercises to get little-readers started. As with all our apps - No ads or in-app purchases.
To protect the kids -
- No third party ads.
- No integration with social networks.
- No usage data collected.
- No account data read.
- No push notifications.
To Review or Buy Infinut apps -
- We include links to NOOK Store in the App.
When we looked for apps to help teach our kids, we couldn't find any that were good. One was just information text for the kids to learn by rote. Another was multiple-choice tests - just press buttons. A third had 2 sound-tracks and 4 animations running all at the same time. How was a kid supposed to focus?
So, we designed and built them games - that teach in the way parents and teachers explain concepts, and engage in the way playing does.