Flags, candy canes, and zebras have stripes. What else?
This delightful, four-color First Little Reader correlates to Guided Reading Level A, and includes the following features:
• consistent text placement on each page
• one to two lines of text per page
• short sentences with repetitive sentence structure
• repeated and recognizable high-frequency sight words
• rhyming text to build recognition of word families and other phonics skills
• engaging illustrations that closely match the text
• a familiar story theme that connects to children’s experiences and interests
• a draw-and-write reproducible page to extend the learning!
Deborah Schecter has taught science at the elementary level and is the former editor of a primary-grade classroom science magazine. Her interest in combining science with art began as a young child when she designed pressed flower pictures with her mother.