- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Irving, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A concise and clear account of the First World War.
Examines the historical and cultural events preceding, during, and following the First World War.
PART ONE: BACKGROUND.
1. The Civilian View of War Between 1914.
2. The Professional View of War Before 1914.
3. War Plans. 4. The Naval Race.
PART TWO: LIMITED WAR, 1914-15.
1. 1914: Oops! The Plan Fails.
2. Taking Stock.
3. The War in 1915: Badly-Planned Disasters.
4. The Home Fronts.
PART THREE: TOTAL WAR
1. 1916: Attrition and the Well-Planned Disasters.
2. Organizing for Victory.
3. A Technological Solution? The Air War and Tanks.
4. A Tactical Solution? Arras, Vimy and the Nivelle Offensive.
5. 1917: 'Mere Unspeakable Suffering'
PART FOUR: THE END: 1918
1. Ludendorff Rolls the Iron Dice in the West.
2. The Spring Offfensive: Winning the Way to Defeat.
3. The Allies Counter-Attack.
4. The Collapse of Ludendorf.
PART FIVE: ASSESSMENT
2. So What?
PART SIX: DOCUMENTS.
Chronology of Events.
Cast of Characters.