Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment / Edition 2by Edward J. Noga
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition provides thorough, yet concise, descriptions of viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and noninfectious diseases in an exhaustive number of fish species. Now in full color with more than 500 images, the book is designed as a comprehensive guide to the identification and treatment of both common and/i>… See more details below
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition provides thorough, yet concise, descriptions of viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and noninfectious diseases in an exhaustive number of fish species. Now in full color with more than 500 images, the book is designed as a comprehensive guide to the identification and treatment of both common and rare problems encountered during the clinical work-up of fish species.
Diseases are discussed following a systems-based approach, to ensure a user-friendly and practical manual for identifying problems.
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition is the must-have reference for any aquaculturists, aquatic biologists, or fish health specialists dealing with diagnosing or treating fish diseases.
New to this Edition:
- Offers an expanded clinical work-up section to include recently developed, as well as more specialized, diagnostic procedures
- Expands coverage of molecular methods for fish pathogen identification
- Provides coverage of many newly prominent and recently discovered diseases
- Expands the Pharmacopoeia section with both new drugs and dosing regimens
- Incorporates greater discussion of diseases and treatments as they relate to environmental and public health
- Provides updates on other health protection strategies, including commercially available diagnostic tests and vaccines
- Expands coverage of the principles and practice of biosecurity
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Methods for Diagnosing Fish Diseases.
Major Cultured Species.
Types of Culture Systems.
Equipping a Fish Disease Diagnostic Facility.
The Clinical Work-Up.
Guidelines for Interpreting Clinical Findings.
How to Use the Problem List.
Clinical Decision Making: Have the Major Problems Been Identified?
When to Refer Cases.
Sample Problem Data Sheet.
Part II: Problem Lists.
93 problems listed in the order in which they are encountered in the physical work up, as described in Part I.
Part III: Methods for Treating Fish Diseases.
Appendices: Fish disease diagnosis form.
Dangerous aquatic animals.
Scientific names of fish mentioned in the text.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >