Fisher Investments on Consumer Staplesby Fisher Investments, Michael Cannivet, Andrew Teufel
The Fisher Investments On series is designed to provide individual investors, aspiring investment professionals, and students the tools necessary to understand and analyze investment opportunities—primarily for investing in global stocks. Each guide is an easily accessible primer to economic sectors, regions, or other components of the global stock/i>… See more details below
The Fisher Investments On series is designed to provide individual investors, aspiring investment professionals, and students the tools necessary to understand and analyze investment opportunities—primarily for investing in global stocks. Each guide is an easily accessible primer to economic sectors, regions, or other components of the global stock market. While this guide specifically focuses on Consumer Staples, the basic investment methodology is applicable for analyzing any global sector, regardless of the current macroeconomic environment.
Following a top-down approach to investing, Fisher Investments on Consumer Staples can help you make more informed decisions within the Consumer Staples sector. It skillfully addresses how to determine optimal times to invest in Consumer Staples stocks and which Consumer Staples industries and sub-industries have the potential to perform well in various environments. The global Consumer Staples sector is complex, including a handful of sub-industries and emerging markets exposure—each with their own unique characteristics. Using the framework found here, you can discover how to identify these differences, spot opportunities, and avoid major pitfalls.
Divided into three comprehensive parts—Getting Started, Consumer Staples Details, and Thinking Like a Portfolio Manager—Fisher Investments on Consumer Staples:
- Discusses the high-level economic, political, and sentiment drivers of the Consumer Staples sector
- Takes you through the nine sub-industries within the global Consumer Staples sector and reveals how they operate
- Delves into top-down investment methodology as well as individual security analysis
- Provides a detailed account of consumer products in emerging markets
- Covers the entire global Consumer Staples investment universe-from food and beverages to household products and retailers
- Outlines a five-step process to help differentiate firms in this field-designed to help you identify ones with the greatest probability of outperforming
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, Fisher Investments on Consumer Staples provides a framework for understanding this sector and its industries to help you make better investment decisions—now and in the future. With this book as your guide, you can gain a global perspective of the Consumer Staples sector and discover strategies to help achieve your investing goals.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >