Fisher Investments on Materials (Fisher Investments Press Series)by Fisher Investments, Andrew Teufel, Brad Pyles
The Fisher Investments on series is designed to provide individual investors, aspiring investment professionals, and students the tools necessary to understand and analyze investment opportunities—primarily for investing in global stocks. Each guide is an easily accessible primer to economic sectors, regions, or other components of the global stock/i>… See more details below
The Fisher Investments on series is designed to provide individual investors, aspiring investment professionals, and students the tools necessary to understand and analyze investment opportunities—primarily for investing in global stocks. Each guide is an easily accessible primer to economic sectors, regions, or other components of the global stock market. While this guide focuses on the Materials sector, the basic investment methodology is applicable for analyzing any global sector, regardless of the current macroeconomic environment.
Following a top-down approach to investing, Fisher Investments on Materials can help you make more informed decisions within today's dynamic Materials sector. It skillfully addresses how to determine the better times to invest in Materials stocks, and which materials industries and sub-industries have the potential to perform well in various environments. The global Materials sector is complex, covering multiple sub-industries and countries—each with unique characteristics. Using the framework found here, you can discover how to identify these differences, spot opportunities, and avoid major pitfalls.
Divided into three comprehensive parts—Getting Started, Materials Details, and Thinking Like a Portfolio Manager—Fisher Investments on Materials:
- Covers the entire Materials universe—from metals and mining to chemicals, construction materials, and paper
- Discusses Materials' main drivers—basic materials prices—and provides eight simple questions to help you form an educated opinion on Materials stocks
- Takes you through the fifteen sub-industries within the global Materials sector and reveals how they operate
- Addresses issues unique to Materials stocks—from the importance of emerging markets demand to the effects of supply shortages
- Delves into top-down investment methodology as well as individual security analysis
- Outlines a five-step process to help differentiate firms in this field—designed to help you identify ones with the greatest probability of outperforming
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, Fisher Investments on Materials provides a framework for understanding this sector and its industries, to help you make profitable investment decisions—now and in the future. With this book as your guide, you'll gain a global perspective of the Materials sector and discover strategies to help achieve your investing goals.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >