- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. What We Want to Look Like—and Why.
2. What We Do Look Like—and Why.
3. The Secrets of Female Fitness: How We Get Fat, How We Stay Fit.
4. The Six Female Body Types: What Shapes We Come In.
5. Which Woman Are You? Finding Your Body Type.
6. Which Exercises to Do—and Why.
7. How to Work Out for Your Body Type.
8. How to Put It All Together: From Warm-Up to Cool-Down.
9. How to Think about Diets and Dieting.
10. How to Eat for Your Body Type: Your Body Type Eating Plan.
11. How to Embrace Your Shape: Loving Your Body Type.
Appendix: Getting Geared Up: A Fitness Checklist.
A Glossary of Common Fitness Terms.
Posted December 28, 2006
This is probably the best fitness book I have read. Geralyn Coopersmith emphasizes the importance of being happy with the body you have, while working towards the body that you want. She give explanations of different body types and the best diet and exercises for each type. One of the best things about this book is that it is easy to read. It is well written and feels more like the author is talking to you, rather than that you are just reading. I would recommend this book to beginning exercisers as well as workout pros.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted April 7, 2012
Really enjoyed reading the sample. A very unique fitness book for women. Helps to put a lot of things in perspective when dealing with body shapes and body image. It's great that the author points out that there is not a "one size fits all" exercise regimen.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 7, 2011