Fixed Broadband Wirelesssystem Design / Edition 1by Harry R. Anderson
Pub. Date: 04/28/2003
Fixed broadband networks can provide far higher data rates and capacity than the currently envisioned 3G and 4G mobile cellular systems. Achieving higher data rates is due to the unique technical properties of fixed systems, in particular, the use of high gain and adaptive antennas, wide frequency bands, dynamic data rate and channel resource allocation, and… See more details below
Fixed broadband networks can provide far higher data rates and capacity than the currently envisioned 3G and 4G mobile cellular systems. Achieving higher data rates is due to the unique technical properties of fixed systems, in particular, the use of high gain and adaptive antennas, wide frequency bands, dynamic data rate and channel resource allocation, and advanced multiple access techniques.
Fixed Broadband Wireless System Design is a comprehensive presentation of the engineering principles, advanced engineering techniques, and practical design methods for planning and deploying fixed wireless systems, including:
- Point-to-point LOS and NLOS network design
- Point-to-point microwave link design including active and passive repeaters
- Consecutive point and mesh network planning
- Advanced empirical and physical propagation modeling including ray-tracing
- Detailed microwave fading models for multipath and rain
- NLOS (indoor and outdoor) propagation and fading models
- Propagation environment models including terrain, morphology, buildings, and atmospheric effects
- Novel mixed application packet traffic modeling for dimensioning network capacity
- Narrow beam, wide beam, and adaptive (smart) antennas
- MIMO systems and space-time coding
- Channel planning including fixed and dynamic channel assignment and dynamic packet assignment
- IEEE 802.11b and 802.11a (WLAN) system design
- Free space optic (FSO) link design
At present, there are no titles available that provide such a concise presentation of the wide variety of systems, frequency bands, multiple access techniques, and other factors that distinguish fixed wireless systems from mobile wireless systems. Fixed Broadband Wireless System Design is essential reading for design, system and RF engineers involved in the design and deployment of fixed broadband wireless systems, fixed wireless equipment vendors, and academics and postgraduate students in the field.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.85(w) x 9.69(h) x 1.38(d)
Table of Contents
Fixed Broadband Wireless Systems.
Electromagnetic Wave Propagation.
Propagation and Channel Modes.
Propagation Environment Models.
Fixed Wireless Antenna Systems.
Modulation, Equalizers, and Coding.
Traffic and Application Mix Models.
Single and Multilink System Design.
Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) Network Design.
Channel Assignment Strategies.
Appendix A: Atmospheric and Rain Data.
Appendix B: PDF of a Signal with Interference and Noise.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >