Flashback: A Brief History of Film / Edition 3by Louis D. Giannetti
Pub. Date: 07/14/1995
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Consolidating major figures and film movements into their decade of greatest influence or prestige, this "no-nonsense" book offers a generously illustrated, concise, and very readable history of fiction movies with an emphasis on American cinema. Eclectic in methodology and written in a plain English style that audiences can relate to, it examines the full scope of traditional film history and criticism, viewing film as both an art and an industry as it mirrors popular audience values, social ideologies, and historical epochs. Film discussions include titles such as Forrest Gump, Jurassic Park, There's Something About Mary, Face Off, the Lion King, Saving Private Ryan, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction, Choosing Amy, The Piano, Menace II Society, Sweet Hereafter, The English Patient, Sense and Sensibility, Shakespeare in live, The Full Monty, The Crying Game, Life is Beautiful, and like Water for Chocolate. For anyone who enjoys going to, and thinking about, the movies.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.52(w) x 9.14(h) x 0.93(d)
Table of Contents1. Beginnings.
2. Griffith and His Contemporaries: 1908—1920.
3. American Cinema in the 1920s.
4. European Cinema in the 1920s.
5. The Hollywood Studio System.
6. American Cinema in the 1930s.
7. European Cinema in the 1930s.
8. American Cinema in the 1940s.
9. European Cinema in the 1940s.
10. American Cinema in the 1950s.
11. International Cinema in the 1950s.
12. American Cinema in the 1960s.
13. International Cinema in the 1960s.
14. American Cinema in the 1970s.
15. International Cinema in the 1970s.
16. American Cinema in the 1980s.
17. International Cinema in the 1980s.
18. American Cinema in the 1990s.
19. International Cinema in the 1990s.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >