Miguel Grinberg has over 25 years of experience as a software engineer. In his current position at Rackspace he spends most of his time contributing to open source projects in the OpenStack ecosystem. He blogs at http://blog.miguelgrinberg.com about a variety of topics including web development, robotics, photography, and the occasional movie review. Miguel lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife, four kids, two dogs, and a cat.
Flask Web Development: Developing Web Applications with Pythonby Miguel Grinberg
Take full creative control of your web applications with Flask, the Python-based microframework. With this hands-on book, you’ll learn Flask from the ground up by developing a complete social blogging application step-by-step. Author Miguel Grinberg walks you through the framework’s core functionality, and shows you how to extend applications with
Take full creative control of your web applications with Flask, the Python-based microframework. With this hands-on book, you’ll learn Flask from the ground up by developing a complete social blogging application step-by-step. Author Miguel Grinberg walks you through the framework’s core functionality, and shows you how to extend applications with advanced web techniques such as database migration and web service communication.
Rather than impose development guidelines as other frameworks do, Flask leaves the business of extensions up to you. If you have Python experience, this book shows you how to take advantage of that creative freedom.
- Learn Flask’s basic application structure and write an example app
- Work with must-have components—templates, databases, web forms, and email support
- Use packages and modules to structure a large application that scales
- Implement user authentication, roles, and profiles
- Build a blogging feature by reusing templates, paginating item lists, and working with rich text
- Use a Flask-based RESTful API to expose app functionality to smartphones, tablets, and other third-party clients
- Learn how to run unit tests and enhance application performance
- Explore options for deploying your web app to a production server
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.30(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
The first programming book I've read cover-to-cover. Miguel Grinberg's intentional and careful structure of "Flask Web Development" makes learning much easier and faster than browsing a book of code recipes. Each feature in the example app is clearly explained, and builds on the previous. I have a much better understanding of Flask, and have learned many programming skills.