Flexible Electronics: Materials and Applications / Edition 1by William S. Wong
Flexible Electronics: Materials and Applications surveys the materials systems and processes that are used to fabricate devices that can be employed in a wide variety of applications, including flexible flat-panel displays, medical image sensors, photovoltaics, and electronic paper. Materials discussed range from polymeric semiconductors to nanotube transparent… See more details below
Flexible Electronics: Materials and Applications surveys the materials systems and processes that are used to fabricate devices that can be employed in a wide variety of applications, including flexible flat-panel displays, medical image sensors, photovoltaics, and electronic paper. Materials discussed range from polymeric semiconductors to nanotube transparent conductors, and the important characteristics of each system and their target applications are highlighted. An overview of the performance benchmarks for the different materials is given in order to allow a direct comparison of these different technologies. Furthermore, the devices and processes most suitable for given applications in flexible electronics are identified.
• An overview and history of flexible electronics
• Low-temperature processing and device integration on flexible substrates
• Solution-processable thin-film electronic devices and their properties
• Materials and device physics relevant to flexible electronics
• Mechanical and electrical characteristics of nano-scale materials on flexible platforms
• Printing and roll-to-roll processing for large-area electronics manufacturing
• Applications towards flexible displays, sensors, actuators, photovoltaics, radio-frequency identification, and micro-electro-mechanical systems
Written by leading researchers in the field, Flexible Electronics: Materials and Applications serves as a reference for researchers, engineers, and students interested in the characteristics, capabilities, and limitations of these exciting materials and emerging applications.
- Springer US
- Publication date:
- Electronic Materials: Science and Technology Series, #11
- Edition description:
- Softcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
- Product dimensions:
- 6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents
Overview of Flexible Electronics Technology.- Mechanical Theory of the Film-on-Substrate-Foil Structure: Curvature and Overlay Alignment in Amorphous Silicon Thin-Film Devices Fabricated on Free-Standing Foil Substrates.- Low-temperature Amorphous and Nanocrystalline Silicon Materials and Thin-film Transistors.- Amorphous Silicon: Flexible Backplane and Display Application.- Flexible Transition Metal Oxide Electronics and Imprint Lithography.- Materials and Novel Patterning Methods for Flexible Electronics.- Sheet-Type Sensors and Actuators.- Organic and Polymeric TFTs for Flexible Displays and Circuits.- Semiconducting Polythiophenes for Field-Effect Transistor Devices in Flexible Electronics: Synthesis and Structure Property Relationships.- Solution Cast Films of Carbon Nanotubes for Transparent Conductors and Thin Film Transistors.- Physics and Materials Issues of Organic Photovoltaics.- Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells for Large-Area PV Fabrication on Flexible Substrates.- Substrates and Thin-Film Barrier Technology for Flexible Electronics.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >