- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Fluids and Electrolytes with Clinical Applications: A Programmed Approach puts you in control of your learning experience. The self-paced, programmed approach makes learning and mastering difficult concepts simple and straightforward. The eighth edition provides a comprehensive survey of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalance concepts from the functions and movement of body fluids to intravenous solutions. Benefits:
• Comprehensive approach offers the broadest possible survey of critical fluid and electrolyte concepts with applications
• Real-life case studies that emphasize HIPAA regulations apply important information across the life span in health care settings
• Concise chapters target fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances with numerous clinical situations to help readers master key concepts in a step-by-step approach
• Emphasis on evaluation and outcomes clarifies expected outcomes and reinforces best practices
• NEW! Includes important new information on fluid and electrolyte imbalances related to bariatric surgery and updated information on COPD.
• NEW! The glossary has been expanded and updated with new and revised definitions.
UNIT I- Body Fluid and its Function. Chapter 1: Body Fluid: Its Function and Movement. UNIT II- Fluids and their Influence on the Body. Chapter 2: ECFVD. Chapter 3: ECFVE. Chapter 4: ECFVS. Chapter 5: ICFVE. Appendix C: Clinical Problems Associated with Fluid Imbalances. UNIT III: Electrolytes and their Influence on the Body Introduction: Cat ions and An ions. Chapter 6: Potassium Imbalance. Chapter 7: Sodium and Chloride Imbalances. Chapter 8: Calcium Imbalances. Chapter 9: Magnesium Imbalances. Chapter 10: Phosphorous Imbalances. Appendix D: Clinical Problems associated with Electrolyte Imbalances. UNIT IV: Acid Base Balance and Imbalance Introduction. Chapter 11: Regulatory Mechanisms for PH control. Chapter 12: Determination of Acid-Base Imbalances. Chapter 13: Metabolic Acidosis and Alkaloses. Chapter 14: Respiratory Acidosis and Alkaloses. Appendix B: Summary of Acid Base Imbalances. UNIT V: Clinical Situations: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances Introduction. Chapter 15: Fluid Problems of Infants and Children. Chapter 16: Fluid Problems of the Older Adult. Chapter 17: Trauma and Shock. Chapter 18: Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery with F/E Imbalances. Chapter 19: Renal Failure: Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and continuous Renal Replacement Therapy Chapter 20: Chronic Diseases with Fluid, Electrolyte Imbalances Introduction: CHF DM COPD. Glossary. Reference. Index.