Flying Models: Rubber, CO2, Electric and Micro Radio Controlby Don Ross
Pub. Date: 09/01/1998
Publisher: Aeronautical Publishers
With explanations and graphics that break complex processes into simple steps, anyone can become a better than average builder, flyer, and competitor. This book will lead you
This companion to Don Ross's immensely popular Rubber Powered Model Airplanes now opens the world of Electric Power, CO2, Micro R/C, and even Compressed Air, to beginner and expert alike.
With explanations and graphics that break complex processes into simple steps, anyone can become a better than average builder, flyer, and competitor. This book will lead you from simple tools and techniques right through to state-of-the-art" materials that will enhance your model's appearance and increase its flight time 25-40% or more!
Some of the key topics covered include...
• ELECTRIC POWER-Charging, Assembling, Adjusting, and Flight Trimming. Make an electric Power Module that can convert rubber power in minutes, right at the field.
• EVOLVE from a simple 28-inch span rubber model through Competition Rubber, Free Flight Electric, and finally...Micro R/C.
• NEW COVERING MATERIALS that are as light as tissue but much stronger, along with techniques that make them easier to apply.
• NEW SCALE TECHNIQUES that can give your model that "professional" appearance so admired at contests. Make your own markings and decals and size and color. Create camouflage or lozenge patterns with plain tissue.
• FOAM SHEET and block construction methods for scale models.
• NEW RUBBER TORQUE AND TURNS formulas that need only two stokes on your calculator to predict rubber performance.
• BUILD LIGHTER to reduce weight without reducing strength-a really simple way to get longer flights and stronger models.
• LOST MODEL LOCATORS-what to buy-how they work.
• GEARS-Do they help? A plan for Rubber Powered Contra-Rotating Props...AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
- Aeronautical Publishers
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.55(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
For Free Flight Sport Model Airplanes - flight being the primary goal rather than scale representation - this is THE book to have. But you will want the first volume too. Together they teach fundamentals, basics, AND some of the neatest trick things you can do. Exhausting all the technical masteries explained in these books would take many years. Four stars because more advanced topics - larger planes, micro R/C, etc are not covered.