- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Foreword (Donald M. Berwick).
About the Authors.
PART ONE: THE DYNAMIC HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT ENVIRONMENT.
1. The Modern Health Care and Business Environment.
2. Principles of Management in a Dynamic Environment.
3. The Pareto Rule, Focusing Table, and Focusing Matrix.
PART TWO: NOVEL MANAGEMENT APPROACHES.
4. Management by Constraints: The Focusing Steps of the Theory of Constraints.
5. Management by Constraints in a Bottleneck Environment.
6. Management by Constraints When the Market Is the Constraint.
7. Focused Current Reality Tree.
8. Resolving Managerial Conflicts.
9. The Efficiencies Syndrome.
10. The Evils of Long Response Times.
11. Reducing Response Times.
12. The Complete Kit Concept.
13. Performance Measures and Managerial Control.
14. Effects of Fluctuations, Variability, and Uncertainty on the System.
15. The Evils of Traditional Cost Accounting.
16. Marketing, Costing, and Pricing Considerations in Decision-Making Processes.
17. Quality Management and Process Control.
PART THREE: STRATEGY AND VALUE CREATION.
18. Creating Value for Health Care Organizations.
PART FOUR: SUMMARY.
19. Case Study: The Emergency Department at Guard Mountain Hospital.
20. Our Managerial Credo.
Posted July 25, 2006
The book is extremely well written. It is easy to understand and retain. There are plenty of diagrams and graphs which complement the text. It has explained very effectively tools like the focusing matrix, the complete kit concept, and Pareto analysis. It has desribed very well the theory of constraints and other methods. I would highly recommend the book for anyone interested in Operations Management, Managers working in Health care and students of management.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.