- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Beginning with sections on the essential principles of food biochemistry, enzymology and food processing, the book then takes the reader on commodity-by-commodity discussions of biochemistry of raw materials and product processing. Later sections address the biochemistry and processing aspects of food fermentation, microbiology, and food safety. As an invaluable reference tool or as a state-of-the-industry text, Food Biochemistry and Food Processing fully develops and explains the biochemical aspects of food processing for scientist and student alike.
Part I: Principles.
1. Food Biochemistry-An Introduction (W.K. Nip).
2. Analytical techniques in Food Biochemistry (M. Marcone).
3. Recent Advances in Food Biotechnology Research (S. Jube and D. Borthakur).
4. Browning Reactions (M. Villamiel, M.D. del Castillo, and N. Corzo).
Part II: Water, Enzymology, Biotechnology, and Protein Cross-linking.
5. Water Chemistry and Biochemistry (C. Chieh).
6. Enzyme Classification and Nomenclature (H. Ako and W. K. Nip).
7. Enzyme Activities (D. J. H. Shyu, J.T.C. Tzen, and C.L. Jeang).
8. Enzyme Engineering and Technology (D. Platis, G.A. Kotzia, I.A. Axarli, and N.E. Labrou).
9. Protein Cross-linking in Food (J.A. Gerrard).
10. Chymosin in Cheese Making (V.V. Mistry).
11. Starch Synthesis in the Potato Tuber (P. Geigenberger and A.R. Fernie).
12. Pectic Enzymes in Tomatoes (M.S. Kalamaki, N. G. Stoforos, and P.S. Taoukis).
Part III: Muscle Foods.
13. Biochemistry of Raw Meat and Poultry (F. Toldra and M. Reig).
14. Biochemistry of Processing Meat and Pultry (F. Toldra).
15. Chemistry and Biochemistry of Color in Muscle Foods (J.A. Perez-Alvarez and J. Fernandez-Lopez).
16. Biochemistry of Seafood Processing (Y. H. Hui, N. Cross, H.G. Kristinsson, M.H. Lim, W.K. Nip, L.F. Siow, and P.S. Stanfield).
17. Seafood Enzymes (M.K. Nielsen and N.H. Nielsen).
18. Proteomics: Methodology and Application in Fish Processing (O.T. Vilhelmsson, S.A.M. Martin, B.M. Poli, and D.F. Houlihan).
Part IV: Milk.
19. Chemistry and Biochemistry of Milk Constituents (P.F. Fox and A.L. Kelly).
20. Biochemistry of Milk Processing (A.L. Kelly and P.F. Fox).
Part V: Fruits, Vegetables, and Creals.
21. Biochemistry of Fruits (G. Paliyath and D.P. Murr).
22. Biochemistry of Fruit Processing (M. Oke and G. Paliyath).
23. Biochemistry of Fruit Processing (M. Oke and G. Paliyath).
24. Nonenzymatic Browning of Cookies, Crackers, and Breakfast Cereals (M. Villamiel).
25. Rye Constituents and Their Impact on Rye Processing (T. Verwimp, C.M. Courtin, and J.A. Delcour).
Part VI: Fermented Foods.
26. Diary Products (T.D. Boylston).
27. Bakery and Cereal Products (J.A. Narvhus and T. Sorhaug).
28. Biochemistry of Fermented Meat (F. Toldra).
29. Biochemistry and Fermentation of Beer (R. Willaert).
Part VII: Food Safety.
30. Microbial Safety of Food and Food Products (J.A. Odumeru).
31. Emerging Bacterial Foodborne Pathogens and Methods of Detection (R.L.T. Churchill, H. Lee, and J.C. Hall).