- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book summarizes the latest meeting of the world's leading researchers in sports nutrition, held at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. The aim of the conference was to review the latest developments in the world of sport nutrition, to follow up on developments since the previous 1991 conference, and to draw up guidelines to help athletes and coaches optimise their performance by using nutrition to support training and maximise performance in competition.
Subjects discussed in this cutting-edge collection include:
* energy balance and body composition
* the role of carbohydrates
* the role of proteins and amino acids
* athlete fluid and electrolyte requirements
* the use of dietary supplements for optimum performance and immune function.
1. Energy balance and body composition in sports and exercise 2. Carbohydrates and fat for training and recovery 3. Pre-exercise carbohydrate and fat ingestion: effects on metabolism and performance 4. Fluid and fuel intake during exercise 5. Fluid and electrolyte needs for preparation and recovery from training and competition 6. Protein and amino acids 7. Dietary antioxidants and exercise 8. Dietary supplements 9. Exercise, nutrition and immune function 10. Nutritional strategies to influence adaptations to training