Food Processing: Principles and Applications / Edition 1by J. Scott Smith, Y. H. Hui
Pub. Date: 07/26/2004
Renowned international academicians and food industry professionals have collaborated to create Food Processing: Principles and Applications. This practical, fully illustrated resource examines the principles of food processing and demonstrates their application by describing the stages and operations for manufacturing different categories of basic food/i>
Renowned international academicians and food industry professionals have collaborated to create Food Processing: Principles and Applications. This practical, fully illustrated resource examines the principles of food processing and demonstrates their application by describing the stages and operations for manufacturing different categories of basic food products.
Ideal as an undergraduate text, Food Processing stands apart in three ways:
- The expertise of the contributing authors is unparalleled among food processing texts today.
- The text is written mostly by non-engineers for other non-engineers and is therefore user-friendly and easy to read.
- It is one of the rare texts to use commodity manufacturing to illustrate the principles of food processing.
As a hands-on guide to the essential processing principles and their application, this book serves as a relevant primary or supplemental text for students of food science and as a valuable tool for food industry professionals.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.45(d)
Table of Contents
1. Principles of food processing (Y.H.Hui, Miang-Hoong-Lim, Wai-Kit Nip, J. Scott Smith, and P.H.F. Yu).
2. Food dehydration (Robert Driscoll).
3. Fermented Product Manufacturing (W.K. Nip).
4. Fundamentals and Industrial Applications of Microwave and Radio Frequency in Food Processing (Y.C. Fu).
5. Food Packaging (Lisa J. Mauer and Banu F. Ozen).
6. Food Regulations in the United States (Peggy Stanfield).
7. Food Plant Sanitation and Quality Assurance (Y.H. Hui).
8. Bakery – muffins (Nanna Cross).
9. Bakery – yeast-leavened breads (Ruthann B. Swanson).
10. Beverages, nonalcoholic – carbonated beverages (Daniel W. Bena).
11. Cereal – ready-to-eat breakfast cereals (Jeff D. Culbertson).
12. Dairy – cheese (Samuel E. Beattie).
13. Dairy – ice cream (Karen Schmidt).
14. Dairy – yogurt (Ramesh C. Chandan).
15. Dairy – milk powders (Marijana Caric).
16. Fats – mayonnaise (Susan E. Duncan).
17. Fats – vegetable shortening (Lou Ann Carden and Laura K. Basilo).
18. Fats – edible fat and oil processing (Ingolf Gruen).
19. Fruits – orange juice processing (Y.H. Hui).
20. Vegetables – tomato processing (Sheryl A. Barringer).
21. Grain – paste products: pasta and Asian noodles (James E. Dexter).
22. Meat – hot dogs and bologna (Ty Lawrence and Richard Mancini).
23. Meat – fermented meats (Fidel Toldrá).
24. Poultry – canned turkey ham (Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
25. Poultry – poultry nuggets (Alfonso Totosaus and Maria de Lourdes Perez Chabela).
26. Poultry – poultry pâté (Maria de Lourdes Perez Chabela and Alfonso Totosaus) 27. Seafood – frozen aquatic food products (Barbara A. Rasco and Gleyn Bledsoe).
28. Seafood processing – basic sanitation practices (Peggy Stanfield).
29. Vegetables: tomato processing (Sheryl A. Barringer).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >