Food and wine are vital components of the tourism experience. They are increasingly being cited as prime travel motivators in their own right. The international case studies in this volume address the issues surrounding food tourism at a global level. Food and wine are vital components of the tourism experience, and are increasingly being seen as prime travel motivators in their own right. 'Food Tourism Around the World' offers a unique insight into this phenomenon, looking at the interrelationship between food, the tourism product and the tourist experience. Using international case studies and examples from Europe, North America, Australasia and Singapore, 'Food Tourism Around the World' discusses the development, range and repurcussions of the food tourism phenomenon. The multi-national contributor team analyses such issues as:
• the food tourism product
• food tourism and consumer behaviour
• cookery schools - educational vacations
• food as an attraction in destination marketing Ideal for both students and practioners, the book represents the most comprehensive and wide-ranging treatment yet of this recent development in tourism.
• International case studies and examples
• Comprehensive and systematic treatment of a comparatively new field.
• Interlinking of theory and practice makes this useful for both students and industry players.