R.J. Townsend is a graphic designer, computer programmer, and entrepreneur with eight years experience using web-based technologies to automate research programs and work processes. He started Cultivate Marketing Technologies, LLC in 2007, focusing on web applications for small businesses, and most recently started CodeMyDesigns.com, providing Drupal content management systems for graphic designers. He earned his master's degree in research psychology from California State University, Fullerton and is currently working towards his master's in business administration at the University of Delaware. He has published several articles on integrating research and technology and won an award for his research in 2004.
Foundation Drupal 7: Learn How to Use the Drupal Framework to Quickly Build Feature-rich Websitesby RJ Townsend
Drupal is a content management framework that powers web sites from simple online brochures to more advanced sites including social networking sites, blogs, e-commerce sites, business portals, and more. It is free, open source software that allows anyone to quickly and easily build web sites. Its full range of modulesincluding user permissions, security
Whether you’re an experienced Drupal site builder looking to expand your skills, a web developer or designer interested in learning Drupal, or a weekend hobbyist looking to build your first site, Foundation Drupal 7 will give you the knowledge and inspiration you need to bring your ideas to life.
What you’ll learn
- Significantly decrease the amount of time it takes you to code a feature-rich website.
- Understand how Drupal works and learn best practices to quickly integrate Drupal into every website you design.
- Learn how to configure a server and manage multiple websites and staging environments using popular server administration software (cPanel).
- Learn practical techniques to place Photoshop or Illustrator design files on a Drupal content management system.
- Have a reference manual and cookbook at your fingertips for help with CSS, popular Drupal modules, website recipes, code snippets and more.
Who this book is for
The primary audience for this book is web site designers throughout the world interested in using Drupal to build web sites. The audience may have previous experience using Drupal but do not consider themselves proficient. They are familiar with coding a basic HTML/CSS web site, although these skills are not required to benefit from the book.
The secondary audience for this book is freelance Drupal developers who actively use Drupal to build web sites. They are proficient developers interested in reducing development time and learning Drupal best practices.
Table of Contents
- An Overview of Drupal
- Setting Up a Web Host and Installing Drupal
- Configuring a Basic Drupal Web Site
- Adding Content Types and Fields
- People, Roles, and Permissions
- Enabling and Configuring Core Modules
- Essential Contributed Modules
- Theming a Drupal Website
- Designing for a Browser
- Going Live
- Maintaining and Updating a Drupal Site
- Translating Business Requirements to Drupal Functionality
- Drupal and Search Engine Optimization
- Drush, the Command-Line Shell for Drupal
- 50+ Contributed Modules to Spice Up Any Site
- Views Recipes
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.32(w) x 11.32(h) x 0.84(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews