Foundations of College Chemistry: Alternate 11th Edition / Edition 11by Morris Hein, Susan Arena
Pub. Date: 07/28/2003
Praised for its direct, no-nonsense presentation and step-by-step problem-solving approach, Hein and Arena’s Foundations of College Chemistry has helped countless students master the skills they need to succeed. Now this best-selling text is even better, with new problems, updated content, new Chemistry in Action essays, revised real-world examples, and a revamped art program featuring new molecular art.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Alternate 11th Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 10.30(h) x 0.74(d)
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Chemistry.
2. Standards for Measurements.
3. Classification of Matter.
4. Properties of Matter.
5. Early Atomic Theory and Structure.
6. Nomeclature of Inorganic Compounds.
7. Quantitative Composition of Compounds.
8. Chemical Equations.
9. Calculations from Chemical Equations.
10. Modern Atomic Theory and the Periodic Table.
11. Chemical Bonds: The Formation of Compounds from Atoms.
12. The Gaseous State of Matter.
13. Water and the Properties of Liquids.
15. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
16. Chemical Equilibrium.
Appendix I. Mathematical Review.
Appendix II. Using a Scientific Calculator.
Appendix III. Vapor Pressure of Water at Various Temperatures.
Appendix IV. Units of Measurement.
Appendix V. Solubility Table.
Appendix VI. Answers to Even-Numbered Questions and Exercises.
Appendix VII. Answers to Putting It Together Review Exercises.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >