Foundations of Early Childhood Education: Teaching Children in a Diverse Society / Edition 3by Janet Gonzalez-Mena
Pub. Date: 07/30/2004
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies, The
Foundations of Early Childhood Education: Teaching Children in a Diverse Society is designed to help increase the quality in early care and education programs through training teachers. It features skill building with a solid theoretical base, and provides students with an overview of early childhood programs through the use of examples, anecdotes, and scenarios. Readers will come away with an understanding of what makes a quality early childhood education program, where children gain the foundations they need for school success and beyond.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Part I. Foundations of the Teaching-Learning Process: The Early Childhood Educator
Part II. Foundations of Curriculum: Planning for Learning 8. Setting Up the Physical Environment 9. Creating a Social-Emotional Environment 10. Routines 11. Developmental Tasks as the Curriculum: How to Support Children at Each Stage 12. Observing, Recording, and Assessing
Part III. Foundations for Formal Education: Planning for Learning 13. Language and Emergent Literacy 14. Providing Developmentally Appropriate Experiences in Math and Science 15. Integrating Art, Music, and Social Studies into a Holistic Curriculum
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >