Foundations of Earth Science / Edition 6by Frederick K. Lutgens, Edward J. Tarbuck, Dennis G Tasa
Pub. Date: 03/26/2010
Publisher: Prentice Hall
A brief, paperback version of the best-selling Earth Science, 9/E, this book offers a reader-friendly overview of the physical environment. It contains an engaging writing style, carefully crafted art program, and coverage of the most recent current events. The seven-part organization provides an exploration of earth materials, earth's external/u>/b>/i>… See more details below
A brief, paperback version of the best-selling Earth Science, 9/E, this book offers a reader-friendly overview of the physical environment. It contains an engaging writing style, carefully crafted art program, and coverage of the most recent current events. The seven-part organization provides an exploration of earth materials, earth's external processes, earth's internal processes, deciphering earth's history, the global ocean, the atmosphere, and earth's place in the universe. For individuals interested in the science of the earthand the issues, principles, and concepts integral to it.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Geos: the Pearson Custom Library for Geography and Geology Series
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter begins with Focus on Learning and concludes with The Chapter in Review, Key Terms, Questions for Review, Testing What You Have Learned, and Internet Companion.)
UNIT 1: EARTH MATERIALS.
1. Minerals: Building Blocks of Rocks.
2. Rocks: Materials of the Lithosphere.
UNIT 2: EARTH'S EXTERNAL PROCESSES.
3. Landscapes Fashioned by Water.
4. Glacial and Arid Landscapes.
UNIT 3: EARTH'S INTERNAL PROCESSES.
5. Plate Tectonics: A Unifying Theory.
6. Restless Earth: Earthquakes, Geologic Structures, and Mountain Building.
7. Fires Within: Igneous Activity.
UNIT 4: DECIPHERING EARTH'S HISTORY.
8. Geologic Time.
UNIT 5: THE GLOBAL OCEAN.
9. Oceans: The Last Frontier.
10. The Restless Ocean.
UNIT 6: THE ATMOSPHERE.
11. Heating the Atmosphere.
12. Clouds and Precipitation.
13. The Atmosphere in Motion.
14. Weather Patterns and Severe Weather.
UNIT 7: EARTH'S PLACE IN THE UNIVERSE.
15. The Nature of the Solar System.
16. Beyond the Solar System.
Appendix A: Metric and English Units Compared.
Appendix B: Mineral Identification Key.
Appendix C: Relative Humidity and Dew Point Tables.
Appendix D: Earth's Grid System.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >