Foundations of Finance: The Logic and Practice of Financial Management / Edition 4by Arthur J. Keown, J. William Petty, John D. Martin, David F. Scott
Pub. Date: 10/01/2002
This introduction to finance provides a conceptual understanding of the financial decision-making process rather than just an introduction to the tools and techniques of finance and focuses on the interrelationships among the topics covered. It explores the "big picture" and actual practice i.e., financial decision making rooted in current financial theory and in the current state of world economic conditions. Chapter topics include financial markets and interest rates; understanding financial statements and cash flows; evaluating a firm's financial performance; financial forecasting, planning, and budgeting; the time value of money; valuation and characteristics of bonds and stocks; the meaning and measurement of risk and return; the cost of capital; dividend policy and internal financing; working-capital management; liquid asset management; and international business finance. For financial managers and others involved in corporate financial decisions and for individuals interested in an education in finance, and the logic that drives it.
Table of Contents
2. The Financial Markets and Interest Rates.
3. Understanding Financial Statements and Cash Flows.
4. Evaluating a Firm's Financial Performance.
5. Financial Forecasting, Planning, and Budgeting.
6. The Time Value of Money.
7. Valuation and Characteristics of Bonds.
8. Valuation and Characteristics of Stock.
9. The Meaning and Measurement of Risk and Return.
10. Capital-Budgeting Techniques and Practice.
11. Cash Flows and Other Topics in Capital Budgeting.
12. Cost of Capital.
13. Determining the Financing Mix.
14. Dividend Policy and Internal Financing.
15. Introduction to Working-Capital Management.
16. Liquid Asset Management.
17. International Business Finance.
Appendix A: Using a Calculator.
Appendix B: Compound Sum of $1.
Appendix C: Present Value of $1.
Appendix D: Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods.
Appendix E: Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods.
Appendix F: Check Figures for Selected End-of-Chapter Study Problems.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews