Foundations of Microeconomics / Edition 4by Robin Bade, Michael Parkin
Pub. Date: 02/01/2008
Publisher: Prentice Hall
ALERT:¿Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you¿select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,¿you/b>/b>… See more details below
ALERT:¿Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you¿select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,¿you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For Principles of Microeconomics courses at two- and four-year colleges and universities
A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
To help students focus on the most important concepts–and effectively practice application of those concepts–Foundations of Microeconomics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.This package contains:
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
• Provide engaging, fully updated content: New and updated material on contemporary topics better motivates students to discover the economic way of thinking.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
Appendix: Making and Using Graphs.
2. The U.S. Economy.
3. The Economic Problem.
4. Demand and Supply.
II. A CLOSER LOOK AT MARKETS.
6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets.
III. HOW GOVERNMENTS INFLUENCE THE ECONOMY.
10. Public Goods and Common Resources.
IV. A CLOSER LOOK AT DECISION MAKERS.
Appendix. Indifference Curves.
12. Production and Cost.
V. PRICES, PROFITS, AND INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE.
15. Monopolistic Competition.
17. Regulation and Antitrust Law.
VI. HOW INCOMES ARE DETERMINED.
20. Inequality and Redistribution.
VII. MONITORING THE MACROECONOMY.
22. Jobs and Unemployment.
23. The CPI and the Cost of Living.
VIII. THE REAL ECONOMY.
25. Investment and Saving.
26. Economic Growth.
IX. THE MONEY ECONOMY.
28. Money Creation and Control.
29. Money, Interest, and Inflation.
X. ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
31. Aggregate Expenditure.
32. Fiscal and Monetary Policy Effects.
33. The Short-Run Policy Tradeoff.
34. Fiscal and Monetary Policy Debates.
XI. THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
36. International Finance.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >