Foundations of Nursing / Edition 5by Barbara Lauritsen Christensen, Elaine Oden Kockrow
Pub. Date: 10/27/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Well respected in the marketplace, FOUNDATIONS OF NURSING now provides only the fundamentals and skills content needed in the LPN/LVN curriculum. The anatomy and physiology and medical-surgical content formerly in FOUNDATIONS is now available in the accompanying text - ADULT HEALTH NURSING. Combined, these two books provide the latest and most important content that… See more details below
Well respected in the marketplace, FOUNDATIONS OF NURSING now provides only the fundamentals and skills content needed in the LPN/LVN curriculum. The anatomy and physiology and medical-surgical content formerly in FOUNDATIONS is now available in the accompanying text - ADULT HEALTH NURSING. Combined, these two books provide the latest and most important content that every LPN/LVN student needs. FOUNDATIONS correlates with ADULT HEALTH NURSING and is available separately or packaged with ADULT HEALTH NURSING.
FEATURES of FOUNDATIONS OF NURSING, 3RD EDITION:
* Nursing process framework provides a logical, consistent format.
* Essential nursing skills are presented in a clear, step-by-step format with rationales.
* Case-study-based Care Plans focus on patient outcomes and the latest NANDA nursing diagnoses, to prompt students to think of real world situations.
* Patient/Family Teaching and Older Adult Considerations are stressed in boxes and narrative to highlight these growing and vital nursing responsibilities.
* Medication Tables provide quick access to information on action, dosage, side effects, and nursing considerations for commonly used drugs.
* Critical Thinking Questions follow each care plan to promote clinical decision making abilities.
* Numerous boxes and tables highlight and summarize important content and hundreds of large, clear photographs and drawings promote learning.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
|Unit 1||Basic Nursing Concepts||1|
|1||The Evolution of Nursing||1|
|2||Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing||19|
|5||Nursing Process and Critical Thinking||73|
|7||Cultural and Ethnic Considerations||107|
|8||Life Span Development||127|
|9||Loss, Grief, Dying, and Death||163|
|Unit 2||Basic Nursing Skills||186|
|10||Admission, Transfer, and Discharge||186|
|12||Medical/Surgical Asepsis and Infection Control||231|
|14||Body Mechanics and Patient Mobility||287|
|15||Pain Management, Comfort, Rest, and Sleep||308|
|16||Complementary and Alternative Therapies||326|
|17||Hygiene and Care of the Patient's Environment||340|
|18||Specimen Collection and Diagnostic Examination||374|
|19||Selected Nursing Skills||409|
|Unit 3||Basic Nursing Interventions||496|
|20||Basic Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy||496|
|21||Fluids and Electrolytes||544|
|22||Mathematics Review and Principles and Practice of Medication Administration||563|
|23||Emergency First Aid Nursing||612|
|Unit 4||Maternal and Neonatal Nursing||638|
|24||Health Promotion and Pregnancy||638|
|25||Labor and Delivery||667|
|26||Care of the Mother and Newborn||667|
|27||Care of the High-Risk Mother and Newborn||736|
|Unit 5||Pediatric Nursing||772|
|28||Health Promotion for the Infant, Child, and Adolescent||772|
|29||Basic Pediatric Nursing Care||782|
|30||Care of the Child with a Physical Disorder||819|
|31||Care of the Child with a Mental or Cognitive Disorder||890|
|Unit 6||Gerontologic Nursing||901|
|32||Health Promotion and Care of the Older Adult||901|
|Unit 7||Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing||925|
|33||Basic Concepts of Mental Health||925|
|34||Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder||937|
|35||Care of the Patient with an Addictive Personality||959|
|Unit 8||Community Health Nursing||976|
|36||Home Health Nursing||976|
|Unit 9||From Graduate to Professional||1026|
|40||Professional Roles and Leadership||1026|
|References and Suggested Readings||1050|
|Chapter Challenge Answers||1090|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >