2013 Trade paperback 4th ed. Very good. No highlighting or notes. INCLUDES ONLINE ACCESS. Trade paperback (US). Glued binding. 696 p. Contains: Halftones, color, Line drawings, ...color, Tables, color. Audience: General/trade.Read moreShow Less
2013 Paperback New Book New and in stock. 10/14/2013. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you ...will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
With concise, focused coverage of community health nursing, Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice, 4th Edition provides essential information for community practice - from nursing roles and care settings to vulnerable population groups. The book uses a practical, community-oriented approach and places an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Practical application of concepts is highlighted throughout the text in case studies, critical thinking activities, QSEN competencies, and Healthy People 2020 objectives.
• Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.
• Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, to reinforce the concept of prevention as it pertains to community and public health care.
• Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote the health of the community.
• Clinical Application scenarios offer realistic situations with questions and answers to help you apply chapter concepts to practice in the community.
• Case Studies provide client scenarios within the community/public health setting to help you develop assessment and critical thinking skills.
• What Would You Do? boxes present problem-solving challenges that encourage both independent and collaborative thinking required in community settings.
• How To boxes offer specific instructions on nursing interventions.
• NEW! QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
• NEW! Feature box on Linking Content to Practice highlights how chapter content is applied in the role of public/community health nursing.
• NEW! Healthy People 2020 objectives in every chapter address the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
Part I: Perspectives in Health Care Delivery and Nursing 1.Community-Oriented Nursing and Community-Based Nursing
2.The History of Public Health and Public and Community Health Nursing
3.The U.S. Health and Public Health Care Systems Part II: Influences on Health Care Delivery and Nursing 4.Ethics in Community Health Nursing Practice
5.Cultural Influences in Nursing in Community Health
7.Government, the Law, and Policy Activism
8.Economic Influences Part III: Conceptual Frameworks Applied to Nursing Practice in the Community 9.Epidemiological Applications
11.Using Health Education and Groups in the Community Part IV: Issues and Approaches in Health Care of Populations 12.Community Assessment and Evaluation
15.Surveillance and Outbreak Investigation
17.Managing Quality and Safety Part V: Issues and Approaches in Family and Individual Health Care 18.Family Development and Family Nursing Assessment
19.Family Health Risks
20.Health Risks Across the Life Span Part VI: Vulnerability: Predisposing Factors 21.Vulnerability and Vulnerable Populations: An Overview
22.Rural Health and Migrant Health
23.Poverty, Homelessness, Mental Illness, and Teen Pregnancy
24.Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Problems in the Community
25.Violence and Human Abuse
26.Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
27.HIV Infection, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases Part VII: Nursing Practice in the Community: Roles and Functions 28.Nursing Practice at the Local, State, and National Levels in Public Health
29.The Faith Community Nurse
30.The Nurse in Home Health and Hospice
31.The Nurse in the Schools
32.The Nurse in Occupational Health Appendixes
APPENDIX A Guidelines for Practice
APPENDIX B Assessment Tools
APPENDIX C Essential Elements of Public Health Nursing
APPENDIX D Hepatitis Information
APPENDIX E Resource Tools available on the Evolve website
This book is a required reading for my undergraduate community nursing class. The text is very relevant to what is being taught. I particularly found the chapter introductions helpful and the tables and charts very helpful. I liked the fact that if I didn't have time to read every word of a chapter I could still look at the chapter review and get an idea about what important facts are in each chapter.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful? YesNoThank you for your feedback.Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.