- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is a comprehensive introduction to past and current theories of stratification and inequality, covering work on class, gender, race and age.
List of tables.
1. Inequality, fragmentation and identity.
2. Capitalism, modernity and change.
3. Class: beyond Marx?.
4. Gender: rethinking patriarchy.
5. "Race" and ethnicity: 'travelling in the West'.
6. Age: a neglected dimension of stratification.
7. Some international comparisons.
Fractured identities: processes of fragmentation and polarization in post-industrial capitalist societies.
Bibliography and sources.