Part I. What is a Constitution?
1. The Question of Original Intent
2. The Constitution as Higher Law
3. Constitutionalism in the United States
Part II. The Enduring Principles of the Constitution
4. The Enlightenment
7. The Public Good
9. Federalists and Antifederalists
Part III. The Bill of Rights
11. Government by Consent
12. Good Government
Part IV. The Constitution in the Twenty-First Century
13. The Limits of Constitutional Prescription
14. The Constitution: What the Judges Say It Is?
15. Personal Liberty and Political Freedom