- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* occupation as a social, ...
* occupation as a social, economic and political phenomenon
* the Vichy regime and the politics of collaboration
* the 'resistance', resistors and its ideology
* the liberation
* the legacy of the wartime period. Topical and compelling, France and the Second World War provdies us with great insight into how and what happended in France during 1940. Peter Davies is Lecturer in History at the University of Huddersfield. His books include The National Front in France (Routledge, 1999).
|Chronology of key events|
|Introduction: background and context||1|
|1||Occupation: French and Germans||8|
|2||Vichy and collaboration: from the National Revolution to Hitler's revolution||27|
|3||Resistance: internal and external||49|
|4||Liberation: freedom, hope and relief||70|
|5||Legacy: an era still alive||86|
|Evaluation: issues and themes||107|