- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
DIFFICULTIES AND OPPORTUNITIES.
1. The Challenge of Present-Day Teaching.
2. Why Do Kids Love School?
3. As a Teacher, Can I Be Myself? Responsible Freedom in the Classroom.
4. A Sixth-Grade Teacher Experiments.
5. A French Teacher Grows with Her Students.
6. Administrators as Facilitators.
7. Other Facilitators of Freedom. For the Teacher.
8. The Interpersonal Relationship in the Facilitation of Learning.
9. Becoming a Facilitator.
10. Ways of Building Freedom.
11. The Politics of Education.
12. Is There Discipline in Person-Centered Classrooms? What Are the Facts?
13. Researching Person-Centered Issues in Education. The Philosophical and Value Ramification.
14. A Modern Approach to the Valuing Process.
15. Freedom and Commitment.
16. The Goal: The Fully Functioning Person. A Montorium on Schooling.
17. A Person-Centered Perspective on Transforming Education. A Road Less Traveled.
18. Some Reflections.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
You're a teacher and you've never read this book? Read it. You won't be able to put it down. You'll feel free. You'll discover entirely new dimensions of teaching. Your students will think you're crazy. But they'll eventually appreciate it.