- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted February 6, 2014
I am a hobby bass player (5 string) and I found Fretboard Theory Volume I and II an excellent resource. Key topics in these books for me are:
• Doing the detective work to figure out the key and underlying major scale of a song
• Modal interchange (this is fabulous and explains why an out of place chord appears in a song)
• Lead patterns-starting with pentatonic and extending to major/minor/harmonic minor-soloing on the bass is fun too.
• Your extremely clear explanation of modes.
• CAGED arpeggios-very valuable for bass
• Outlining chords and chord progressions-where it all comes together.
I strongly recommend these two books for any guitar or bass player who really wants to understand songs. This is also a great foundation for learning complex music such as jazz.
Posted September 15, 2013
I have purchased the Fretboard theory books and all the DVDs. I appreciate the way Desi explain all topics. All the material from Desi is excellent.