From Cost to Performance Management: A Blueprint for Organizational Development / Edition 1by Catherine Stenzel, Joe Stenzel
"The purpose of From Cost to Performance Management is to index the specific advantages and shortcomings of the most widely used cost and performance management methodologies practiced today within the context of how organizations actually develop. It is time to stop using the either-or viewpoints with cost and performancethe old and tired ‘either… See more details below
"The purpose of From Cost to Performance Management is to index the specific advantages and shortcomings of the most widely used cost and performance management methodologies practiced today within the context of how organizations actually develop. It is time to stop using the either-or viewpoints with cost and performancethe old and tired ‘either we contain costs or we improve performance.’"
from the Preface
Few in business would deny the direct link between profits and process. Yet many still insist on erecting an impenetrable wall between cost and performance, pursuing expensive and time-consuming methods for improving one while disregarding or even damaging development in the other.
From Cost to Performance Management treats cost and performance as two sides of the same coin. Arguing that far from being opposing entities, cost and performance are in fact fundamentally interconnected and synergistic partners, this innovative book provides an application-oriented, value-driven examination of current cost and management approaches that:
- Grounds cost and performance practice in the science of human cognitive development
- Explores a wide array of field-tested methodologies, from ABC/M and TQM to Balanced Scorecard, Theory of Constraints, Target Costing, and more
- Assists decision-makers in choosing the best method or blend of methods to address specifically identified business problems
- Supports learning and implementation through numerous real-world applications and examples
To fully realize its potential, an organization mustlike any living organismlearn, develop, and mature. From Cost to Performance Management explains how to create a cost management system (CMS) that directly interacts with operations and enables greater organizational maturity, in effect becoming an all-inclusive CPMSCost and Performance Management System.
Amid the hectic environment of starting and growing a business, too many executives separate cost concerns from performance managementa serious, potentially fatal error. From Cost to Performance Management reveals how growing businesses can serve both masters to develop profit and process systems and programs that work with, instead of against each other, for the growth and success of all.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.00(w) x 6.00(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of Contents
1. Developmental Discipline In Cost and PerformanceManagement.
2. Cost Management: Control and Profitability.
3. Cost Types: Early Communication Attempts.
4. Standards, Budgets, and Forecasts: Learning to Compare andCoordinate.
5. Operational Resource Accounting: Learning New Rules andRoles.
6. Processes, Activities, and Resources: Shaping OrganizationalIdentity.
7. Intentional Tactics: Patterns, Participation, andPerformance.
8. Quantum Strategy: Release, Reliance, and Reversal.
9. Accounting for the Common Wealth.
Appendix A: The Basic Components and Terminology of aTraditional Income Statement.
Appendix B: A Simplified Traditional Balance Sheet Format.
Appendix C: Analysis with a Purpose.
Appendix D: ABM Concepts and Terms.
Appendix E: Recommended Reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >