- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Based on interviews with experienced principals, this book helps leaders examine the causes of negative staff behavior and build a culture of shared leadership, collegiality, and teamwork.
About the Authors
Part I. Identification and Understanding
1. Understanding Difficult Teachers
Who Are They?
How Did They Get This Way?
What Do Difficult Teachers Want?
The Effects of Difficult Teachers
2. Difficult Teachers, Difficult Behaviors
Part II. Solutions and Strategies
3. Facilitating Behavior Change: Conversations, Warnings, and Improvement Plans
Before a Problem Occurs
How to Encourage Behavior Change
When Conversations Fail
4. Am I Contributing to the Problem?
Why Are Some Principals "Difficult "?
Could Your Behavior Be Considered Difficult?
Fertile Ground for Difficult Teachers
Gender-Related Differences in Difficult Behaviors
Strategies for Change
Part III. Prevention
5. Interpersonal Skills That Help
Listening to Understand
Speaking for Understanding
Defusing Emotionally Charged Conversations
6. Creating a Culture of Teamwork
Building a Positive Culture
Focusing on Positive Teachers
Creating a Spirit of Teamwork
Rewarding Positive People
Posted May 25, 2010
No text was provided for this review.