1. Introduction: So You Want to Pass a Bill?
2. Re-Inventing the Wheel: Conducting Background Research.
3. Education and Alliances: Working with Organized Interests and Caucuses.
4. Power to the People: Learning from the Grassroots.
5. The Search for Solutions: Transforming Ideas into Policy.
6. Winning Friends to Influence People: Co-Sponsors and Coalitions.
7. Lights, Camera, Action! Developing Media Strategy.
8. Finding a Way to the Floor: A Bill Becomes Two Laws.
9.Conclusion: From Inspiration to Legislation.